Thursday, July 06, 2006

A GOOD CONFERENCE: As usual, much of the benefit came from networking and gossip, but I attended some good papers too. The two that I enjoyed the most, in no small part because they feed into my current research, were Pierluigi Piovanelli's "Christian Apocryphal Texts for the New Millennium: Achievements, Prospects, and Challenges" and Jonathan Campbell's "The New Judaic Scriptures from Qumran." I only tried to attend one paper this morning, but that was a no-show -- the third I encountered at this conference. [Correction: it was the second; other papers were canceled, but with advance notice.]

Special thanks to the following people:
  • Matthew Collins and his staff, for their usual efficient and doubtless enormous work behind the scenes which made the whole conference run smoothly.
  • Pierluigi Piovanelli, for organizing a huge, varied, and highly interesting program on Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha
  • Helen Bond, for advice that led me to the right people to to help me set up my wireless connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment