Friday, November 10, 2006

MORE TEMPLE TREASURE LEGENDS -- sort of. I found this today in a bookstore in Edinburgh:
Paul Sussman, The Last Secret of the Temple (Bantam, 2005)
It's blurbed by the Independent as "The intelligent reader's answer to The Da Vinci Code."

We'll see. I normally avoid such Bible-related historical thrillers, since the historical elements are often irritatingly poorly done. But I'm keeping my eyes open right now for both scholarly and popular material that deals with the lost Temple treasures, as part of my research on the Temple treasure legends in the Massekhet Kelim, The Treatise of the Vessels, for the More Old Testament Pseudepigrapha Project. I may not get around to reading this one very soon, but I'll let you know what I think.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that I also got this, which is now out in paperback:
Anne Rice, Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt (Arrow, 2005)
For lots more on this book, look at this post and the one immediately below it and follow the links back from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment