Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Attention, volunteers from the Masada excavation!

ARCHAEOLOGIST AND PALEOJUDAICA READER DAVID STACEY E-MAILS:
Jim - With the 50th anniversary approaching, Eretz magazine - a popular though serious English Language Israeli journal dedicated to the history, archaeology and geography of Israel - is going to produce a Masada 50th special edition. I have been asked to contribute an article from the volunteers perspective - I was there for all but the first fortnight of the second season. I am having great difficulty locating surviving international volunteers particularly those who did not continue in archaeology. Should there be any ex Masada volunteers reading your blog, who would like to share their anecdotes, I would be grateful if they would contact me david.stacey63@ntlworld.com
Background here.